Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Videos

Christmas is less than a week away. If you have been anywhere near a radio, a TV or a retail area, odds are that you are pretty tired of the usual Christmas music by now. I've never been a huge fan of all the traditional music although there are a few that I tolerate more than others. So today, I thought I'd share a few of the more unique songs and videos that I have come to love over the years.

I know a lot of people can't stand Pachelbel's Canon as they have heard it at way too many weddings, but I love the piece! I heard this Christmas version by the Transiberian Orchestra for the first time a few years ago and have loved it ever since!



I first heard "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" on an Emmy Lou Harris album many years ago. I couldn't find that version on video, but I found a similar version that gives a really nice feel. This one is by The Judd's



Years ago, I was a huge fan of The Statler Brothers. They put out a couple of Christmas albums, but my favourite seasonal song of theirs is "I Believe In Santa's Cause"



Holly Cole released a mini Christmas CD a few years ago that contained a song I instantly fell in love with! I used to sing a few bars of this onto my answering machine every year!



A few years ago, The Muppet's released yet another Christmas special called "Letters to Santa" About 2/3 of the way through, Gonzo and Fozzie Bear sing a duet called "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus". I've always loved The Muppet's, but there is something about this song that just gets me every time!


What's Christmas without a little attitude from my gal Maxine...




Okay, one more and this is the one that I uploaded last year after I took some video of my apartment at Christmas time. I added a special song from Tweety and Sylvester to go with it...


Merry Humbug!

dn

No comments: