Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dear Santa.....

Dear Santa;

How are you? How is Mrs. Clause, the elves and the reindeer? I'm sure you must be really busy getting ready for Christmas. Hard to believe that it is almost here again. Where does the time go? Hope the downturn in the economy hasn't hit you to hard.

It's been a busy year here. I've been busy writing the blog, reconnecting with some old friends, baking and other day to day activities.

Over the summer, I did some volunteer work for a radio announcer friend on my favourite nostalgia station - CJNU. I found sound effects, old radio commercials, trivia and humour for his Cruisin' Sunday Afternoon show. It was a lot of fun and the info I found was greatly appreciated. My announcer pal even referred to me on air as his "Production Assistant - dn"! Cool, huh?

New windows were installed in the building which I'm not liking much but I'm trying to get used to them. New boilers were also installed, so there were a few days of no heat and little hot water but at least it wasn't really cold out.

My big gift this year was a new camera. It is an early Christmas present from my mom. I haven't had a camera in years so is taking a bit of getting used to, but it is already a great addition to my electronic toys and will be very useful for me - both for personal and for adding pics to the blog or emails.

I have been a very good girl this year... Well at least I have tried to be. I haven't deliberately tried to hurt anyone and if I have made anyone cry, I think (hope?) it was with laughter not anger.

I have tried to be nice to all but there were those few drivers that insist on pulling into my crosswalk while I had the right of way and the drivers who drove through puddles while I was standing at the bus stop or corner.... I would have gotten a license plate so you could put the drivers on your naughty list but you know I can't see that well. Yes, I know it's not nice to tell on others but they were breaking traffic laws so ....

Okay, I haven't been perfect, but I have shared my knowledge - granted it wasn't always asked for. I mean, let's be honest here - some people need a bit of advice or even a reality check from time to time, right?

I think I've been a good neighbour and friend. I was going to provide references, but the people I asked said things like; "What's in it for me?" or "Is there free baking involved if I say nice things about you?" One of my email buddies said that she would vouch for me, but then again she only knows what I have told her so....

Oh my, let's try this again. I'm no where near perfect, but I do try and this isn't exactly all my fault! Let me try and explain.

Life isn't exactly easy though when you can't see everything and your body isn't as young as it used to be! My world of late seems to be ruled by the current clarity of the corneas and the ever so charming effects of menopause. (Yippee!!!) The hot flashes are insane. I'm either too hot or too cold. They interrupt my day and wake me up in the night - usually just after I've fallen asleep or in the middle of a really good dream. The night sweats, insomnia and the nightly calls from Mother Nature tag team for a restless night which makes it harder to be my usual self during the day. The mood swings are also a bit dicey at times, but I try to avoid being around people when I know my emotions are on hair trigger. It's safer that way as I really don't want to hurt anyone.

Wow, this really isn't going the way I thought it would.

So let's cut to the chase. Here's the deal. The Christmas baking is well under way and your usual goodies are almost ready. And no, this isn't a bribe to get back on the nice list! I'm sure I haven't been nearly as naughty as some.

Okay, I'll quit while I'm still slightly ahead.

I'll try and do better next year! I Promise!!

My wish list isn't terribly long this year. I'll send that to you privately. Most of the items on it is practical stuff for me and my home. Sure there are a few "extras" like DVD's, camera accessories and chocolate BUT I certainly don't expect to get everything! I'm not greedy and I'd be more than happy with just a few of the things I've listed. I'll let you and your helpers decide what you think I need or deserve.

If you could, I hope that you can help keep my family and friends safe, healthy and happy. They mean the world to me!

Thank You!!!

Please take care of yourself and say hi to everyone at the North Pole!

Love, dn

No comments: