Friday, February 15, 2008

"The Rooster Crowed At Midnight"

This was the title of an old episode of MASH back in the day, but it is also the title of this post. I have a talking watch. I only use the talking feature if my eyes are really driving me nuts. It also has an alarm mode which I rarely use. Several months ago, I had new batteries installed and I then reset the visual and audio times.

I went to bed at 10:15 Thursday night and fell asleep fairly quickly. At 12:00, I was awakened by "It's 12:00AM Cock-a-doodle-do Cock-a-doodle-do..." It would have stopped in a minute but I got up, went to the living room table and turned it off because the crowing was driving me nuts. I'd forgotten how damned annoying that rooster could be! I must have accidentally activated the alarm function while I was out running errands in my multi-layered -45 Windchill attire on Thursday morning. Oh well these things happen right? So I crawled back into bed and ... yup... stared at the ceiling 'cause I'm WIDE awake! So what do you do when you can't get back to sleep - I got up and turned on the computer and started writing this post.

Normally the rooster crowing is somewhat amusing. It's a tinny sounding "Cock-a-doodle-do" but in my head I hear Foghorn Leghorn saying "I say, I say now, It's time to get up now ya'hear, ya' hear me now?" Okay okay I know I'm nuts but this is news - how??

As many of you know, I am one of those people who NEEDS sleep - at least 8 hours - preferably 9 and I don't function too well on 1 1/2 hours unless it is an afternoon nap! So let's just say that I'm REALLY glad for spell check! Now if I can only figure out how to use this toolbar... then I have to roast a rooster!

dn

No comments: